NOTICE REGARDING S.D. HARVEY AWARD
Due to the current lockdown and ongoing restrictions the Kennedy Awards gala will now be staged – hopefully – on September 24.
The rescheduling has meant the announcement of finalists in the S.D. Harvey Award will now be made at the Kennedy Foundation’s Sydney Media Club lunch at City Tattersalls on September 15.
The winner will be revealed at the Kennedy Awards gala on the 24th – all things being equal.
We will advise if the government’s management of COVID has any further impacts on our timetabling.
Thanks your support and understanding.
S.D. HARVEY AWARDS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Entries can be submitted by published and unpublished writers and can be either fiction or nonfiction stories.
- Multiple entries are accepted.
- Submissions must be the author’s original work and previously unpublished
- Stories should be between 2000 (in the case of non-fiction) and up to 5000 words in length.
- The broadest definition of the crime story will be considered eligible, but should include one or more elements that are normally associated with the genre, i.e. suspense, intrigue, mystery, conflict, crime, punishment or investigation.
- Entries will be judged on story structure; characterisation; ‘ripping yarn’ and dialogue/quotes and plot.