Skip to content
S.D. HARVEY AWARDS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Entries can be submitted by published and unpublished writers and can be either fiction or nonfiction stories.
- Multiple entries are accepted.
- Submissions must be the author’s original work and previously unpublished
- Stories should be between 2000 (in the case of non-fiction) and up to 5000 words in length.
- The broadest definition of the crime story will be considered eligible, but should include one or more elements that are normally associated with the genre, i.e. suspense, intrigue, mystery, conflict, crime, punishment or investigation.
- Entries will be judged on story structure; characterisation; ‘ripping yarn’ and dialogue/quotes and plot.